What’s worse than a long day of work out in the sun? The same day of work in a set of sweaty, uncomfortable pants. No thanks.
A good set of pants should aid your work – not make it worse. Your work pants should be comfortable, durable, and have lots of pockets to store your electrical tools in.
Well, you’re in luck: we’ve reviewed the best work pants on the market to bring you the most comfortable, durable, well-priced pants in existence.
Don’t spend all day in a pair of itchy pants – here’s the Top 9 Electricians Work Pants of 2023.
Best Work Pants for Electricians
Carhartt Work Pants – Best Overall
- Straight-leg work pant in 12-ounce heavyweight cotton duck featuring hammer loop and reinforced paneling at knees.
- Side utility pockets and heavy-hauling reinforced back pockets with logo tag
- Loose Original Fit
The first option on our list and our best overall choice is this set of work pants from Carhartt. These pants combine a reasonable price point with superior build quality, meaning they give you better value for money than most comparable options. The pants are made of heavyweight cotton that is designed to put up with tough working conditions.
Each of the main seams features triple stitching, which helps ensure that you don’t have any rips or tears in inconvenient spots. The pants also come available in a range of four colors, ranging from black to the signature Carhartt brown.
With a straight-leg cut, these pants will have a bit of a looser fit, which gives you a better range of motion and helps keep you comfortable while you work. There are also panels on the knees which are reinforced, ensuring that you can work near to the ground without getting sore.
Some of the additional features of these pants make them perfect for electricians, like the hammer loop and the reinforced rear pockets. Even the front pockets have been reinforced, and they’re a bit deeper than on competing products so that you can store extra tools with ease.Check Price
- Triple stitched main seams
- 100% Cotton
- Reinforced pockets
- Added hammer loop
- Sizing runs a little small
Timberland PRO Work Pants – Premium Choice
- Flexible and durable cotton canvas
- Articulated knee in sturdy 1000D cardura nylon canvas with top loading knee pad opening
- Two-inch drain holes
Our favorite high-end set of electrician’s work pants is made by Timberland, and they come with some features that aren’t available in any of the competition. Combined with Timberland’s excellent quality, this set of pants is constructed with care and a comfortable blend of cotton and elastane.
This gives the pants a bit of stretch, which makes them less likely to tear, and it also makes them more comfortable when you’re bending and kneeling often, as the pants won’t be as taut. The pants come in a choice of either jet black or pewter, both of which are muted colors that won’t show dirt easily.
One of the more impressive features is the inclusion of kneepad pockets. These pants come with bulky kneepads that you can insert when you’re doing a lot of work on the floor, but if you’ll be standing for most of the day, you can always slide them out or even use thinner padding.
The pocket for your smartphone is also a little further back than on other pants, getting it further out of the way and making it less likely to get damaged as you work. The material used in these pants is also a little softer than in the previous model, making them slightly more comfortable over the course of a long workday.Check Price
- Optional knee padding
- Flexible Gridflex construction
- Extremely comfortable
- Slightly pricey than other options
Dickies Work Pants – Great Value
- REINFORCED KNEES: These wrinkle & fade resistant cotton/poly twill blend pants feature an extra layer of fabric reinforcement at the knees so they don't wear thin & blow out....
- STURDY FUNCTIONALITY: These pants feature a sturdy metal hook-&-eye waist closure, signature tunnel belt loops for extra support, side seam front pockets & back welt pockets...
- QUALITY & COMFORT: Our pants are made with quality, comfort & value in mind. Our workwear products have distinctive designs with attention to detail on every garment,...
On the other end of the price spectrum, you have this affordable pair of work pants from Dickies. There is a reason why these are some of the most popular work pants around, and it’s because they provide you with so much more for your money than some of the more expensive options.
While many cheap work pants will be disposable, you can expect these to last for a long time thanks to their strong blend of cotton and polyester. As a bonus, they are also wrinkle and fade resistant, meaning that they won’t look worn out after only a few uses.
As with the other two pants, these feature reinforced knee panels that will keep you comfortable when you’re kneeling or doing work close to the ground. The welt pockets on the rear are spacious, and their secure design helps keep items in without having to worry about flaps that can get caught on protrusions.
The loose fit of these pants will keep you comfortable as you work, and it also helps make them more flexible so that you can work in tight spaces or other uncomfortable positions. These pants also come in a wide range of colors, with a variety of greys as well as khaki, black, and even dark green.Check Price
- Excellent price
- More reliable than other budget pants
- Great variety of colors
- Sizing is a little inconsistent
Caterpillar Work Pants
No products found.
These work pants from Caterpillar are on the more expensive end of the scale, and they feature a few additional features that you may find helpful.
If you tend to work with a lot of different tools, then you’ll appreciate the inclusion of tool holder loops and gripper tape along the inside of the waistband.
There are also cargo pockets just above the knees, meaning you’ll have plenty of storage room for your equipment. Like all good work pants, there is integral padding over the knees so that you don’t end up sore after a long day of kneeling.
The pull-out nylon tool bags are probably the most impressive feature of these pants, as they help keep everything readily accessible.
Unfortunately, these pants are simply too pricey, and they don’t offer the same build quality as the Timberland model that we looked at earlier, so they probably won’t last as long.Check Price
- Huge amount of storage space
- Padded, articulated knees
- Comfortable classic fit
- Not made well enough for the price
5.11 Tactical Pants
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL - Constructed using premium polyester and cotton mechanical stretch Taclite ripstop fabric with a triple-stitching built, this pair of pants is sturdy...
- TEFLON-TREATED FABRIC - Coated with Teflon, these pants have a protective finish that resists stain, soil, and moisture without compromising breathability. The coating also...
- FULLY GUSSETED CONSTRUCTION - Featuring a gusseted inseam and a fitted appearance, this pair of pants offers optimum flexibility and a comfortable fit to eliminate your...
If you need pants that are as durable as possible, then you may want to get your hands on the 5.11 tactical pants.
Constructed of a blend of polyester and cotton ripstop, these pants will be able to handle the most challenging of work sites without falling apart after a few uses.
Along with the strong materials, these pants are coated in a teflon finish that helps prevent them from wearing out and eventually tearing.
As a final measure against wear and tear, these pants feature triple-stitched reinforcement points that are augmented by additional bartacking.
The double-layered knees feature integral padding, but there are also pockets for extra pads if you know you’re going to be spending a lot of time on the ground.
Unfortunately, these pants are a little lacking when it comes to storage space, as the eight pockets aren’t as deep as on some of the other models.Check Price
- Reinforced seams and stitching
- Variety of colors
- Teflon finish
- Shallow pockets
- More suitable for hunters or outdoorsmen
Wrangler Work Pants
- Heavyweight cotton ripstop work pant featuring reinforced knees, right side hammer loop, and roomy side cargo pockets with flaps
- Zip fly with button
Moving back to some more affordable pants, this option from Wrangler is a little more stylish than some of the other options that we’ve reviewed so far.
Despite their stylish looks, these pants are also built to last you a long time, as they’re constructed of cotton ripstop and they’re also reinforced.
As with many of the other pants, the knees were a particular point of focus in these pants, as they feature additional paneling that will prevent them from wearing out faster.
There is also a hammer loop near the right pocket, and there are additional cargo pouches near the knees.
The gusset on these pants is designed to be flexible but also strong enough to last, and the areas near the pockets feature leather tape reinforcement.
Unfortunately, these pants don’t bring anything new to the table since they don’t have any of the unique features that made us choose our top products.Check Price
- Reinforced pockets
- They look good
- Flexible and strong gusset
- Lack of innovation
- Velcro pockets
Carhartt Cargo Work Pants
- Sits at the waist
- Relaxed seat and thigh. Non-chlorine bleach when needed
- Cordura -lined front ledge pockets
The second product on our list from Carhartt is this set of cargo work pants, and they feature durable construction combined with an affordable price point, resulting in great value for money.
The pants feature a comfortable, relaxed fit that gives you enough flexibility to work in a variety of positions.
The fit also means that these pants are one of the more stylish options, and that advantage is reinforced by the choice of four different colors, including black, desert, and more.
Since these are cargo pants, they also have plenty of room for storage, and there is even a built-in hammer loop.
Unfortunately, these pants just aren’t as comfortable and versatile as the other pair from Carhartt.
There is no phone pocket in these pants, and they’re also less durable than the previous set of pants made by Carhartt.
However, if you’re looking for a pair of pants that relatively cheap yet durable, these are still a decent choice.Check Price
- Great value for money
- Big pockets
- Not as good as the previous pair of Carhartt pants
- No phone pocket
Levi Work Pants
- Regular-fit jean featuring five-pocket styling and signature logo label at back waist
- Stretch Denim
These Levi work pants are a great choice for electricians that aren’t looking for anything too fancy.
This pair of jeans features a rather conventional five-pocket design, but they look a lot better than many of the other choices available. This also makes them more versatile, as you can wear them outside of work.
Constructed of pure cotton, these jeans will keep you comfortable while you work, and they’re also designed to stretch so that they can be as flexible as possible.
The straight leg fit of these pants strikes the perfect balance between style and comfort, so you can look good without sacrificing mobility.
Perhaps the best thing about these pants is that they’re available in a massive variety of colors, allowing you to choose the perfect one for your sense of style.
Unfortunately, these Levis can’t hope to match purpose-built work pants, and the lack of tool pockets or knee reinforcement holds them back.Check Price
- Wide range of colors
- Stretch material
- Stylish fit
- Not enough pockets
- No knee reinforcement
Lee Work Pants
- LOOSE FIT. Designed with a loose fit through the seat and thigh, these carpenter pants sit just below the natural waist. Made with room to move, these work jeans equip for the...
- UTILITY STYLING. This jean features five pockets and an extra side pocket and a hammer loop for improved functionality and convenience.
- GET TO WORK. Designed to withstand the grind, this Poly blend jean resists abrasions, wrinkles and stretching. Lightweight and quick-drying, these jeans are strong and durable...
The final choice on our list is this set of pants from Lee, and they’re also one of the more affordable pairs around.
Even though they’re affordable, you can find these pants in a range of different colors, and their fit is a little tighter than some of the competing models, so they’ll be sure to look good.
There is an additional pocket for tool storage, and these pants also feature a hammer loop, meaning that they offer a little more utility than you would expect.
If you’re planning on getting these pants, you’ll want to keep in mind that the sizing runs a little small, so go an inch or two bigger.
Made of a cotton and polyester blend, these pants are also more durable than a lot of budget work pants, but they, unfortunately, can’t match their closest competitor: the Dickies work pants.
Whereas these pants look better, they lack things like extra padding and reinforcement, which can be crucial to an electrician.Check Price
- Great look
- Affordable price
- Extra pocket and hammer loop
- No knee padding
- Seams aren’t reinforced