USB wall outlets can make charging your phone and other electronic devices a heck of a lot easier. Gone are the days where you’re searching around the house for your charging adapter to plug in your USB.
The best USB wall outlets can charge your devices quickly, have sturdy wall plates, and keep your phone safe through overcurrent protection.
On the other hand, a poor-quality USB wall outlet is a waste of time and money. No one wants an outlet with slow charging speeds and limited USB ports.
To help you separate the good from the bad – we’ve reviewed the Top 5 USB Wall Outlet of 2024.
Buy with the confidence that you’re buying one of the best USB Wall Outlet’s on the market. Let’s jump straight into the reviews.
Top 5 Best USB Wall Outlets
TopGreener USB Wall Outlet – Best Overall
- Wall outlet with USB ports ensures all your devices stay charged while leaving room for other appliances. Charge two USB devices simultaneously without adapters (Does not...
- 4.0A, 5VDC combined charging capacity; each USB port can reach up to 2.4A on a standalone charge. Provide the fastest charge to iPhone, iPad, iPad Air, and other smartphones,...
- Smart and safe charging with Intellichip built into the USB ports. Recognizes power need of connected devices, then delivers the maximum power that your devices allow, up to...
If you’re looking for the top pick, the TopGreener USB Wall Outlet is it. This outlet lets you charge two devices simultaneously without needing power adapters, all thanks to its 4.8A charging capacity. It’s designed to ensure your devices charge quickly and efficiently.
Its USB Port versatility separates it from the competition. It is the only outlet that can charge the standard USB-A and newer USB-C devices simultaneously. This lets users charge both new and old devices at the same time.
Equipped with an Intellichip, the wall outlet can read the power needs of any connected device. Intellichip works by charging the devices at an optimal power level, which reduces the chances of the devices overheating and overcharging.
Each of the USB ports has a 2.8A individual output. When both ports are used, it has a maximum output of 4.8A. This keeps the output for both outlets relatively efficient, even when you have two devices hooked up.
Safety is another highlight feature of the TopGreener USB Wall Outlet. One example is the internal shutter, which blocks off the outlet when it isn’t in use.
The TopGreener’s installation is a breeze, with its user-friendly design that includes side and back wired receptacles for enhanced wiring compatibility. With standout features like Intellichip for smart charging, rapid charge capabilities, and straightforward setup, it’s a top choice for homeowners and DIY enthusiasts alike.Check Price
- Built-in Intellichip
- Easy installation
- 2.8A Charging speed
- Tamper resistant duplex receptacle
- 2 Wall Plates
- Not the fastest charge time
Leviton USB Wall Outlet – Premium Choice
- POWERFUL: 2 high-powered charging ports with 3.6A of charging power
- SMART: Built-in smart chip recognizes the individual device’s charging requirement to optimize the charge (Does not provide Power Delivery. See Leviton T5635 and T5636)
- CONVENIENT: No more searching for charging adapters. Upgrade your existing outlets so you can charge up to two USB powered devices at once, leaving the outlets free for...
For those willing to invest a bit more for quality, the Leviton USB Wall Outlet stands out. It boasts two robust charging ports, delivering more than 18 watts and a 3.6A current for powerful performance.
For added safety, there is a built-in overcurrent protection feature. This protects your electronic device from receiving too much power which could potentially damage your appliances.
And there is a smart chip included to help with battery level detection. When in use, it will recognize the device’s charging requirements to ensure that it works properly.
Longevity is another beneficial attribute. For example, it has USB ports that can withstand over 10,000 inserts. Plus, it has tamper-resistant outlets that make it safer for children.
The Levinton USB Wall Outlet has a 125 volt circuit capacity. Its shallow profile makes it easier to install the device in a standard wall box. This makes it a great choice for wiring beginners or amateur electricians.Check Price
- 3.6A charging speeds
- Overcurrent protection
- 2 High powered charge ports
- Shallow depth for better installation
- 125 volt circuit capacity
- Slightly pricier than alternatives
Bestten USB Wall Outlet – Great Value
- 4 high-speed USB ports (5VDC/4.2A), each port charges up to 2.4A for tablets, smartphones and other devices
- 3 grounded AC outlets. 15A/125V/1875W
- 900 Joule surge protector. EMI/RFI noise filtering provide electronic protection for your sensitive home/office devices
For electricians on the lookout for value without the hefty price tag, the Bestten USB Wall Outlet is a gem. It comes equipped with four USB ports, each offering a 2.4A charging speed, ensuring your gadgets are powered up quickly.
Also, it has a 300 joule protector, which keeps your devices safe from power surges. Since it comes with 3 outlets, there is enough space to have multiple devices charging simultaneously.
We also appreciated the outlet’s LED surge protection indicator. There is also dual slide-out phone holders which can be used to hold your smartphones while they are charging.
The mounting screw is a unique feature that helps it stand apart from the competition. This gives the device a wiggle-free attachment to the wall receptacle, making it easier for users to install.
Saving space is important for any wall outlet. This wall outlet has a compact size, meaning that it can be installed in the living room, bathroom, or bedroom when in need of outlets. Due to this, you’ll have no problem getting it installed in your household. Thus, making it a great option if you have limited space, and need an affordable outlet to keep your appliances operating smoothly.Check Price
- 4 high-speed USB ports
- ETL approved and certified
- 2.4A Charge Speed
- 3 Grounded Outlets
- 300 Joule Surge Protector
- Doesn’t fit in certain walls
- Low amp output
Eaton USB USB Wall Outlet
- Dual USB ports conveniently charge most electronic devices and is more energy efficient than many plugged in adapters 700mA
- LED indicator light glows to notify user that device is charging and will go off when a full charge is achieved
- 15A 125V single receptacle is compliant with 2011 NEC and features UL approved Tamper Resistant Shutters that resist the insertion of foreign objects that can cause electrical...
Next on our list is the Eaton USB USB Wall Outlet. It consists of one outlet and two USB ports, making it a little more versatile. This model is more energy-efficient than other adapters, which helps cut down your monthly utility bills.
And, it features a pair of black wire clamps on the side terminals. The clamps work by helping you install the outlet directly into the wall. Due to the durability of the clamps, this outlet should be more durable than other products in the long-term.
However, there are a few issues with the outlet. Some consumers reported that the USB ports only have 1 amp of power. So you’ll have to wait longer for your devices to charge.
Still, the Eaton USB USB Wall Outlet is a great alternative. It is also tamper-resistant, making it relatively safe for children. Overall, this is a relatively well-rounded outlet that offers a slightly more versatile design than the competition.Check Price
- Tamper Resistant
- Blackwire Clamps
- LED Indicator Light
- Dual USB Ports
- 125V Single Receptacle
- Can’t charge 2 USB items at once
- Slow recharge speed
GE UltraPro USB Wall Outlet
- 2 Pack – Upgrade with this 2-pack 20W dual USB receptacle that adds a convenient upgrade to your receptacles.
- Power more – 20W dual USB charging ports charge two devices directly from the power source.
- Universally compatible – works with Apple iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel and nearly all other USB devices.
Last on our list is the GE UltraPro USB Wall Outlet. This product consists of a 2 pack of 20W outlets. These outlets are a good choice for rarely-used areas or simply for buyers on a budget.
We also like that the GE UltraPro USB Wall Outlet is tamper-resistant. The outlet is designed to block unwanted insertions of foreign objects. This ensures that your home is safe for children, who may not know any better.
However, it’s worth noting the GE UltraPro may not be the fastest at charging. Some users have mentioned the ports take longer to charge phones than expected. If charging speed is a priority, you might consider looking for a model with a bit more kick.
The GE UltraPro USB Wall Outlet is a reasonable choice for those on a budget. As a two-pack, you can install more outlets for a lower cost when compared to the competition. Unfortunately, this is offset by reduced charging speeds.Check Price
- 20W Dual USB Ports
- Universally compatible
- Space Saving
- 40% faster charge
- In Wall USB Receptacle
- Slow to recharge phones
- USB Failure can occur
- Limited Charging options