You’re just about to finish the job. You’re working on the last connectors, and your crimper does a nosedive and breaks in your hand. Can you say buzzkill?
The best RJ45 crimper steps up to the plate and does the job right every time. It works with a variety of connectors and is durable enough for repeated use. A built-in cutter and stripper seal the deal.
On the other hand, a poor-quality product is uncomfortable to use. You almost feel like it’ll break because of its flimsy construction. It also has limited functionality.
To help you separate the great and the not-so-great, we reviewed the Top 5 RJ45 Crimper of 2021.
Buy with confidence knowing that you’re buying one of the best RJ45 crimpers on the market. Let’s dive into the reviews.
Top 5 Best RJ45 Crimpers (Ethernet Crimping Tools)
Klein Tools VDV226-011-SEN RJ45 Crimper – Best Overall
- Ratcheting crimper provides fast, reliable modular-crimp connector installation for voice and data applications
- Cuts, strips, and crimps pair-conductor cables (round STP/UTP and flat-satin phone cable) all in one tool
- Crimps 4, 6, and 8 position modular connectors (RJ22, RJ11/RJ12, and RJ45)
The Klein Tools VDV226-011-SEN RJ45 Crimper ticks off a lot of the boxes we look for in a high-quality crimping tool.
It has a built-in cutter and wire stripper, making it a versatile tool and a better value for the price.
You can use it with 4, 6, and 8 position modular connectors for RJ22, RJ11, RJ12, and RJ45.
This tool is built to last with its high-carbon steel construction of the crimping dies and its ergonomic grip.
We liked the full-cycle ratchet mechanism with this tool, which helps the user with the crimping. It also has safety features to prevent injuries on the job.
We appreciated the yellow on the body of the tool to make it easy to find. The best part of the RJ45 crimping tool is that it is made in the USA with no outsourced parts.
Highly recommended.Check Price
- Well-made to last
- Made in the USA
- Comfortable grip
- Excellent safety mechanism and guard
- Three tools in one
- Problematic with CAT5E wire
- No cutter
Platinum Tools 100054C RJ45 Crimper – Premium Choice
- Ratcheted, high leverage and stable platform for consistent, repeatable terminations
- Patented "crimp and trim system" delivers a clean, flush trim on the extended conductors for all EZ Connectors
- Tool steel die head assembly provides 360 degrees of connector support
The Platinum Tools 100054C RJ45 Crimper is a professional-quality tool that is an excellent choice for the serious DIYer or contractor.
One of the best things about it is that it does more than crimping.
You can also use it for cutting and stripping. That makes it a smart choice because you won’t need to buy another tool for the job. This one handles it all!
You can use the crimp tool with all but the AMP standard modular connectors. It also works with EZ-RJ12/11 and EZ-RJ45 connectors.
The manufacturer designed this product with the end-user in mind, with its zero-flex frame and full surface-to-surface contact.
The build is top-notch and comes with a 12-month warranty. It’s worth the investment for a well-constructed tool.Check Price
- Easy to use
- Solid construction
- Professional-quality results
- Zero-flex frame design
- 360 degrees of connector support
- Some quality control issues
Maxmoral RJ45 Crimper – Great Value
- 3 in 1 Cable Connectors Crimper Tool Portable style with perfect shape.The mouth of the press-pliers is made of steel, which is hard and durable.It won't damage the...
- Fast, reliable crimp tool with steel body for durability with ergonomic comfort grips less strength easy to operate
- Cuts strips and crimps Twisted Pair, Ethernet RJ45 voice and data cables Crimps 4P 6P and 8P position modular connectors ( RJ11/RJ12, and RJ45)
The Maxmoral RJ45 Crimper is a budget-friendly tool that is a great addition to your toolbox.
The crimping tool also cuts and strips wires with the included wire stripper/punch down accessory, making it versatile.
It’s lightweight with a good hand feel to it, making crimping easy-peasy. There’s also a magnetic end, which we always like to see in a tool. The construction is high-quality for the price.
You can use the crimp tool with RJ45, RJ11, and RJ12 with 4, 6, and 8 position connectors. It delivers reliable performance and won’t damage any wires in the process.
It’s a smart choice for the occasional DIY who only uses crimping tools occasionally. The budget-friendly price makes it a no-brainer.
The manufacturer backs up the RJ45 crimpers with a money-back guarantee. It’s a welcome addition to your toolbox.Check Price
- Versatile uses
- Spot-on alignment
- Reliable performance
- Affordably priced
- So-so use with plugs
TRENDnet TC-CT68 RJ45 Crimper
- Professional tool crimps, strips and cuts cable for 8 and 6 position modular plugs
- This user friendly device works with any Ethernet or telephone cable
- Compact design with easy handle hand grips
The TRENDnet TC-CT68 RJ45 Crimper is a handy, all-purpose tool that makes crimping a piece of cake. It also cuts and strips wires and cables with extra tools built into the design with its all-steel construction.
The crimping tool has a good heft to it with a comfortable, ergonomic grip and overall compact size. You can use it with 6 and 8-position connectors.
Besides being simple to use, you can store it with no worries, thanks to its ratchet locking mechanism. The crimping tool is well-made and rust-resistant, down to its rubberized grip.
It’ll last years with the proper care. Overall, it’s a well-made product at an affordable price.Check Price
- 1-year warranty
- Precision operation
- Versatile uses
- Excellent locking mechanism
- Easy to nick cables with it
- Fair blade alignment
Gardner Bender GMC-1145D RJ45 Crimper
- The product is RJ11/RJ45 Crimping Tool
- Easy to use
- The product is manufactured in China
The Gardner Bender GMC-1145D RJ45 Crimper is a well-constructed tool that makes your job easier because of its rock-solid design. You can feel the quality when you use it.
The ergonomic handle of the crimping tool is comfortable to hold. It delivers precise and reliable performance every time. It is multi-functional with a built-in stripper and cutter.
However, it has a limited range of compatible plugs and connectors. You can use it with 2, 4, and 8 position connectors for RJ11 and RJ45 plugs.
The heat-treated steel frame gives it good balance and a durable design. The manufacturer backs up the tool with a 1-year warranty, which we appreciated.
A high-quality product.Check Price
- High-quality construction
- Good hand feel
- Durable steel body
- Easy to use
- Limited use
The Klein Tools VDV226-011-SEN RJ45 Crimper is our top pick of the crimping tools we reviewed. Its solid construction and top-notch performance make it worth every penny. It’s like getting three tools with one purchase!
The Platinum Tools 100054C RJ45 Crimper is a quality product that delivers professional results every time. The manufacturer’s attention to detail is evident with the design that makes crimping an easier task for you.
The Maxmoral RJ45 Crimper is an excellent RJ45 crimping tool at an affordable price. Even if you only use it occasionally, you’ll have a reliable tool that won’t break the bank.
The other products in our roundup are also excellent choices for a crimping tool. They offer similar reliability, versatility, and top performance on the job. All the tools on our list are worthwhile investments when you need the best.