You have a few hours left on the job, and then you feel it. Your raincoat dropped the ball, and you’re getting cold—and wet. Great.
The best raincoat for construction is waterproof yet breathable. It’s highly visible and doesn’t bind or interfere with your work.
On the other hand, a poor-quality raincoat is an outerwear garment in name only. If it is waterproof, it’s uncomfortable because the fabric doesn’t breathe.
To help you separate the good from the bad, we did the homework and reviewed the Top 6 Raincoat for Construction of 2023.
Buy with confidence that you’re getting one of the best raincoats for construction on the market to keep you dry and comfortable. Let’s run down our list of reviews.
Top 6 Best Raincoat for Construction
Jorestech Raincoat for Construction – Best Overall
- ANSI/ISEA 107-2015 Class 3 Type R: Elevating visibility to an unparalleled level, ensuring the pinnacle of top-of-the-line protection.
- A robust, heavy-duty front zipper, fortified by a weatherproof tab that can be sealed, provides an additional layer of safeguarding against water and wind elements.
- This jacket has a very thin but powerful polyurethane coating on its outer shell, which provides excellent waterproofing and resistance against strong winds.
The Jorestech Raincoat for Construction makes the cut for some of the best rain gear because of its compliance with the ANSI/ISEA 107-2015 Class 3 level 2 standards.
You can feel safe when wearing this jacket on-site because of its reflective qualities. We like a coat that isn’t heavy but instead is lightweight. This one fits the bill.
We also prefer a product that is comfortable to wear on rainy days at work. This jacket succeeds on that score, too.
The price is right, making it an affordable purchase for the customer with a need for reliable foul weather gear.
The hood is both detachable with a tuckaway feature that we liked because it gave us a choice. Overall, it’s a high-quality product that is budget-friendly and comes in nine sizes. Highly recommended.Check Price
- Roomy pockets
- Two-way zipper
- Excellent visibility
- Comfortable to wear
- Inaccurate sizing
- Water resistant only
Grundens Raincoat for Construction – Premium
- Protected no matter where adventure takes you – This waterproof breathable jacket is tough enough for the Bering Sea, yet is comfortable and practical for everyday fishing...
- The Weather Watch Fishing Collection – Designed with fishing in mind and the great outdoors, the Weather Watch collection is waterproof, stain-resistant, breathable, and...
- Engineered for Performance - Tailored from durable nylon fabric with a waterproof breathable barrier and Durable Water Resistant (DWR) finish, this hooded jacket stands up to...
The Grundens Raincoat for Construction is another high-quality jacket that is a worthwhile investment for working in rainy weather on-site.
The design is spot-on for keeping you dry even if it’s threatening to rain. The reflective color is quite visible. The jacket maintains a good balance between breathability and weather-resistance.
The manufacturer includes several features that show their attention to detail when working outdoors.
We liked that the fit of the rain gear jacket was as expected, too. Follow us on this next feature. The coat has a drop tail adjustable hem, which is a welcome feature if you’re not wearing waterproof pants.
It comes in your choice of nine available colors if being reflective isn’t a must-have quality. The jacket is well-made for working in windy conditions, too.
It provides that extra protection if you’re not wearing pants resistant to the elements. Excellent quality.Check Price
- Excellent durability
- Double storm flaps
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Internal drawstrings
- Water resistant only
Ergodyne Raincoat for Construction – Great Value
- WIND + WATER RESISTANT - 300D oxford polyester outer shell + PU coating resists wind and water to keep you dry
- THERMAL INSULATION - 160g quilted insulation for comfortable warmth without extra bulk
- TYPE R, CLASS 3 - 2" ANSI-compliant reflective material for night-time conspicuity
The Ergodyne Raincoat for Construction proves that you don’t have to pay a high price to get rain gear that will keep you warm when working in inclement weather.
This jacket has you covered—literally! We liked the thermal insulation that added to the protection that the gear offers without adding unnecessary bulk.
It toes the line well between weather-resistance and comfort. Each size is accurate to ensure a good fit no matter which one you get.
Of course, then there is the price. The jacket is affordable if you need something to keep in your truck when working on-site. The coat comes in two colors, lime and orange.
Unlike many items we reviewed, the front includes a dark patch that isn’t reflective but instead hides the grime that can trash a jacket. While not waterproof, it is wind-resistance. Good value for the price.Check Price
- Durable construction
- Good wind resistance
- Accurate sizing
- ANSI-compliant material
- Not for winter use
- only one inside pocket
Carhartt Raincoat for Construction
- .50-mm, polyester-backed PVC
- Waterproof and wind resistant
- Double-front storm placket
The Carhartt Raincoat for Construction is a waterproof jacket with a PVC coating that keeps water out and warmth close to your midsection.
The Carhartt rain gear product is well-made. Carhartt has a solid reputation for outdoor gear, whether you’re hunting or on-site finishing a job.
The only available color is a bright yellow, which offers excellent visibility no matter what the weather.
Carhartt also offers pants for men and women who need complete protection on the site or in the field. All items are durable without feeling too heavy. This jacket is no exception.
Even after years of use, the rain gear will not show a sign of excessive wear over time.
This rain coat is machine washable, which can recharge its waterproof finish. A wise investment for the discerning customer of quality rain gear.Check Price
- Excellent durability
- Machine washable
- PVC coated
- Sizing runs large
Helly-Hansen Raincoat for Construction
- FULLY WATERPROOF RAIN COATS FOR MEN made from EN 343 certified weatherproof fabric to protect against rain, snow, fog, ground humidity, and wind at temperatures as low as...
- DURABLE PVC-COATED POLYESTER FABRIC sturdy rain poncho protects from the harshest elements and ensures high mobility and ease of movement during work, fishing, sailing, or...
- ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS phthalate-free fabrics in this rain coat mean low environmental impact while ensuring dryness in all weather conditions.
The Helly-Hansen Raincoat for Construction is another rain jacket with a PVC coating for the customer who needs a rain jacket that is truly waterproof without the discomfort of a rubber jacket.
It is similar to the Carhartt product that gives men and women the freedom of movement that is necessary to work in comfort and style.
Despite this design, you should go one size up to ensure a good fit.
Nevertheless, it is a quality product that will stand the test of time and provide good weather resistance when you need it most.
The rain jackets come in four different hues with a matching bottom for a complete rain gear suit.
Unlike the other items we reviewed, this work gear is waterproof certified to ensure that you’ll stay comfortable no matter how much time you’re at work in inclement weather.
Consider your search for rain gear that won’t show any sign of dampness next to your skin complete. An excellent choice for foul weather gear at work.Check Price
- PVC coated
- 100-percent waterproof
- Durable materials
- Well-designed hood
- Freedom to move
- No front zipper
- Sizing runs small
Pioneer Raincoat for Construction
- WINTER JACKET - Heavy duty coat can be worn as rain or snow work gear and has detachable hood, 2 large zipper pockets, cell phone pocket, inside chest pocket, radiophone clip...
- WATERPROOF & WINDPROOF- 100% waterproof and windproof PU-coated oxford polyester shell and removable fleece liner. Also has a detachable snap hood with conceal pouch
- SAFETY CERTIFIED - Meets ANSI/ISEA 107-15 Class 3 Type P & R requirements for workers in dangerous settings where visibility is the highest priority, including EMS,...
The Pioneer Raincoat for Construction is a PVC-coated rain jacket that ticks off many boxes for a quality addition to your workwear.
It is a good choice if you need rain gear that is guaranteed to keep you comfortable. It is lined without being overly heavy.
The bottom half of the front is black to keep the rain jacket clean. It has a two-way zipper, which allows the free movement of the closure.
The manufacturer gets its products independently tested for its quality. Like Carhartt, the company has a reputation for well-made gear that you can trust.
The bottom of the jacket extends down to cover your pants, which we liked if you have to do a lot of bending. You won’t get wet during your work. Well-made rain gear.Check Price
- Excellent visibility
- Comfortable lining
- Polyurethane coated
- Sizing runs small
- Not breathable
The Jorestech Raincoat for Construction stands out as lightweight rain gear that gets the job done. It’s comfortable to wear and doesn’t restrict your free movements while keeping you dry.
The Grundens Raincoat for Construction is the only product we reviewed that offered a limited lifetime warranty. That speaks volumes about the quality of the workwear and the manufacturer to make gear that fits your needs.
The Ergodyne Raincoat for Construction proves that you can get quality rain jackets without breaking the bank to keep you from getting wet.
The other products in our roundup are other smart choices in visible colors that keep you dry on rainy days, with the Carhartt, Helly-Hansen, and Pioneer choices leading the pack.
They are all worthwhile investments in your search for workwear of top-notch quality that provide free movement that can make or break your productivity.