You just got your latest Amazon order that you’ve been waiting for what seems like forever. But you can’t open the box with its titanium tape. Buzzkill!
A good keychain multi-tool steps up to whatever task you need it to do. It is compact enough without sharp edges to impale you when you put it in your pocket.
A not-so-good one misses the mark on usefulness with too few tools to make it worthwhile. It isn’t durable and threatens to snap if you apply too much pressure. Multi-tool is a suggestion but not a reality.
To help you hone in on the best product for you – we’ve reviewed the Top 10 Best Keychain Multi Tools of 2021.
Buy with confidence knowing that you’re going to be prepared to handle any simple task. Let’s dive straight into the reviews.
- Versatile with 20 tools
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Handy measuring wheel
- Top 10 Best Keychain Multi-Tool
- True Utility FIXR Keychain Multi-Tool – Best Overall
- LEATHERMAN Micra Keychain Multi-Tool – Premium Choice
- Nite Ize KMT-11-R3 Keychain Multi-Tool – Great Value
- Victorinox Swiss Army Manager Keychain Multi-Tool
- Gerber Mullet Keychain Multi-Tool
- Keyport MOCA Keychain Multi-Tool
- Kershaw PT-2 Compact Keychain Multi-Tool
- Swiss+Tech Keychain Multi-Tool
- Geeky Keychain Multi-Tool
- Victorinox Swiss Army Classic Keychain Multi-Tool
Top 10 Best Keychain Multi-Tool
True Utility FIXR Keychain Multi-Tool – Best Overall
- Quick Release Clip, Bottle Opener, Nail Cleaner, Large Flat Screwdriver, Medium Flat Screwdriver, Small Flat Eyeglass Screwdriver, Medium Phillips Screwdriver
- Small Phillips Screwdriver, 14mm Spanner/Wrench, 12mm Spanner/Wrench, 10mm Spanner/Wrench, 8mm Spanner/Wrench, 6mm Spanner/Wrench, Bicycle Spoke Wrench, Razor Sharp Cutting...
- Included in box: The Fixr, Leather pouch, Instructions
The True Utility FIXR Keychain Multi-Tool stands up to the plate with 20 tools. It covers a lot of bases with multiple wrench sizes, screwdrivers, box opener, pry bar, and the most useful tools like a bottle opener.
The multi-tool is well-made with titanium and stainless steel. It also has a carbon steel knife blade and a handy pocket clip.
The multi-tool is lightweight, which makes it handy to use. Its value lies with the wide variety of things it can do, both things that are evident and others that are jury-rigged.
We liked the diversity in simple tools, such as the flathead screwdriver and different sized wrenches. It’s not a heavy-duty tool, give its size. However, it gets a lot done in a compact-sized multi-tool. Highly recommended.Check Price
- Versatile with 20 tools
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Handy measuring wheel
- Secure pocket clip
- Unique variety of tools
- Hard to open some tools
- Light-duty use only
LEATHERMAN Micra Keychain Multi-Tool – Premium Choice
- READY FOR ANYTHING: Our most popular mini-tool with anglers, hobbyists and anyone who appreciates the best spring-action scissors around; Perfect for tackle boxes, pockets,...
- 10 TOOLS IN 1: A knife, tweezers, file, spring-action scissors and more packed into a 1.8-ounce-keychain-sized multitool that never gives up
- OUR GUARANTEE: We’re proud to stand behind every product that leaves our factory in Portland, Oregon; That’s why we offer our 25-year warranty, so you can be confident...
The LEATHERMAN Micra Keychain Multi-Tool lives up to its reputation as one of the best keychain multi-tools you can buy. Everything is spot-on, from the spring-loaded scissors to the pocket knife to the flathead screwdriver.
You can’t ignore that the manufacturer takes their products seriously with the 25-year warranty that is essentially a lifetime one.
One of the things we liked about this product was its multi-dimensional usage. Sure, you can fix stuff on the go with its flat screwdriver. You can also pull out a splinter with the tweezers or cut something with the kife.
That makes it a versatile keychain multi-tool for use on the trail or the job. The only thing we missed was the lack of a bottle opener. Otherwise, it’s an excellent tool to have in your back pocket or belt loop. It was made to last.Check Price
- 25-year warranty
- Well-built to last
- Versatile multi tool
- Excellent functionality
- Bulky design
- No bottle opener
Nite Ize KMT-11-R3 Keychain Multi-Tool – Great Value
- Manufacturer: Nite Ize
- Country of Manufacturer: China
The Nite Ize KMT-11-R3 Keychain Multi-Tool proves that sometimes less is more. After all, you have to like a product called DoohicKey. The price is enough to make you want to pop for this keychain-friendly multi-tool.
However, this one covers a lot of the essential uses. Can anyone say bottle opener? You also get a flathead screwdriver, ruler, and three wrenches. It’s even TSA-friendly with no knife or a sharp blade.
There’s a lot more to like about this Nite Ize Doohickey tool. It’s made from stainless steel to last for the long haul. It has a compact size to put it on your belt loop or key ring. It isn’t heavy or obtrusive.
The keychain multi-tool is made of stainless steel so that you can get your money back out of this tool. Worthwhile purchase.Check Price
- Versatile with three wrenches and bottle opener
- Keychain sized for portability
- Secure carabiner clip
- Durable construction
- Limited use
- Lack of leverage in design
Victorinox Swiss Army Manager Keychain Multi-Tool
- Includes 10 unique features including blade, mini-screwdriver tip, ball point pen and scissors
- Bottle opener with mini-phillips screwdriver that is perfect for assistance with eye wear.
- All stainless steel implements
The Victorinox Swiss Army Manager is appropriately named for the range of tasks it can handle. You get the usual tools, including a knife, wire stripper, tweezers, spring-action scissors, and even a retractable ballpoint pen.
You can probably use it as a nail puller, too. It truly lives up to the Swiss Army Knife brand. The stainless steel knife blade is easy to sharpen and holds an edge quite well. It lacks the toothpick, but we didn’t consider it much of a loss.
This product is one of the best of the keychain multi-tools we reviewed. We’d expect as much from this manufacturer. It is much more focused on its functionality, which we appreciated.
It’s a quality product that comes with the expected price tag. If you need a reliable pocket knife and more in a keychain tool, it’s a wise investment.Check Price
- Versatile multi-tool
- Excellent balance
- Ball point pen
- Focused functionality
- No pry bar
Gerber Mullet Keychain Multi-Tool
- The mullet is a compact key chain tool that houses 9 tools to handle those unexpected daily tasks.
- Can be carried on a keychain, from a belt loop, or through an airport.
- 9 tools including a pry bar, Wire Stripper and nail puller, scraper, a small and large flathead driver, cross driver, 1/4 hex driver and a bottle opener.
The Gerber Mullet Keychain Multi-Tool is the essence of simplicity. Sure, the multi-tools with their endless attachments get the job done. However, sometimes, you need it to do only a few things.
Even with its small size, this keychain tool manages nine tasks, including a bottle opener, pry bar, hex driver, and wire stripper. That’s a lot of versatility for a pocket tool!
You can use it as a keychain tool or hang it on your belt loop instead. It has a lot of the functionality of a full-sized tool at a compact size. It’s comparable to the Gerber Shard in functionality and versatility.
The size is right. Unfortunately, there are a few sharp edges that you should file to prevent tears in your clothing. Overall, a versatile tool.Check Price
- Nine tools, including a pry tool
- Limited lifetime warranty
- TSA compliant
- Bottle opener
- Sharp edges
- Fair-lasting coating
Keyport MOCA Keychain Multi-Tool
- 10 TOOLS IN 1 - Stainless Steel Bottle Opener Screwdriver Cord Cutter Box Opener Scoring Tool Hex Bit Driver 1/4” Wrench 5/16” Wrench 3/8” Wrench 2" Ruler
- EXTREMELY VERSATILE - Compatible with most key chains & key rings, the Keyport Pivot, as well as an array of other key organizers and key holders. To confirm it works for you,...
- QUALITY YOU CAN FEEL - The MOCA tool is made of 100% stainless steel, keeping it light, compact, and extremely durable. The MOCA keychain tool measures 2.7” x 0.6” x...
The size of the Keyport MOCA Keychain Multi-Tool belies how useful it is. It has several wrench sizes, a bottle opener, and a flathead screwdriver to get you started.
There is also a scoring tool, which provides excellent support to the other uses. It has a lightweight size and is TSA-friendly. The tool selection is perfect, except for the lack of a Phillips screwdriver.
The tool is stainless steel and is compact but useful. Some users may find the functions limited, but you can’t argue with the portability. We can’t ignore the ruler, either, which is one of those things that pays for itself when you need it.
That pushes it into the top keychain multi-tools category as one of our list’s most useful tools. Excellent value.Check Price
- 10 tools
- Hex bit driver
- Lightweight and portable
- Scoring tool for versatility
- No Phillips screwdriver tool
- Hard to read the ruler
Kershaw PT-2 Compact Keychain Multi-Tool
- Easy to use multifunctional keychain tool is a practical carry for all users; attach to keychain, bag, backpack, pocket or purse
- Offers eight handy features in a very compact space: bottle opener, flathead and Philips screwdriver tips, wire scraper, pry bar and three hex drives
- 8Cr13MoV stainless steel with bead-blasted finish contains more carbons for hardness and strength; wear resistant
The Kershaw PT-2 Compact Keychain Multi-Tool is probably one of the most appropriately named keychain tools you’ll find. It’s small at only 3.25 inches long.
It includes eight tools, with both a flathead and Phillips screwdriver, three hex wrenches, a pry tool, and a wire stripper. You can even use it as a can opener.
The tool is well-made with an attractive matte finish. The hand feel is comfortable. You may not get a lot of leverage because of the size. However, your grip is secure using it.
The tool is also rugged with extra carbon in the stainless steel alloy for strength. Excellent value for the price.Check Price
- Small size
- Glass-filled nylon handle
- Three hex wrenches
- Large key ring
- Attractive design
- Not a lot of leverage
- No knife
Swiss+Tech Keychain Multi-Tool
- Provides 24/7 pocket-sized readiness. Securely locks onto keychain or key ring
- Screwdriver tips meet ANSI standards
- Tool makes a great gift for men and also good for auto repair, camping, outdoors, hardware, hunting, or everyday use
The Swiss+Tech Keychain Multi-Tool is a handy little tool that folds up to a compact shape that belies its usefulness wire stripper, needle-nose pliers, and a wrench. It’s lightweight and portable.
It’s one of those things that you may forget you have until you need one of its tools.
The tools are surprisingly functional, given the size of it. It’s well-made out of stainless steel that provides superb durability. The choice of the tools is spot-on for handling most tasks that this kind of product would handle.
The only thing it’s missing is a hex wrench. Otherwise, the design is top-notch. High-quality product.Check Price
- Nine tools
- Quality construction
- Compact size
- Durable and made to last
- Excellent suite of tools
- Not magnetic
- Lack of adequate torque
Geeky Keychain Multi-Tool
- KEY SHAPED MULTI-TOOL – The Geekey expertly combines your go-to tools into a beautifully designed device that attaches to your keychain for easy portability. It is only...
- UTILITY TOOL – Geekey is an innovative, compact multi-tool like never seen before…it’s truly a work of art with engineering that combines everyday common tools into one...
- GADGET FEATURES – Its features include a Smoking Pipe, 3.2/3.3mm Bike Spoke Key, a Screwdriver tip that will fit a #2/3 Slotted, #2 Square Drive, #2/3 Phillips, and #2/3...
The Geeky Keychain Multi-Tool hits it out of the park with so-much functionality packed into a small package for your key ring.
It was the only product we reviewed that included both Imperial and metric rulers and wrenches.
It also has a bit driver, protractor, a pry tool, a nail file, and a pipe. Yes, you can smoke with this tool. There’s even a serrated edge for cutting stuff that puts it into the best category.
The tool is key-shaped, which is a welcome touch, considering how you’re going to use it. It’s even TSA-friendly with no sharp points. That said, it does have a limit on the torque, given its size.
However, it’s a minor point, given its usefulness. All of that is a tool that is less than 3 inches long!Check Price
- Imperial and metric tools
- Pry tool
- Amazing functionality
- 16 tools
- Small size
- Small key ring opening
- Limited torque
Victorinox Swiss Army Classic Keychain Multi-Tool
- A CUT ABOVE THE REST: Compact, agile and ready to face any adventure head-on. Our range of Swiss Army Knives have been established since 1897 and continue to be an icon of...
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Swiss made stainless steel construction encased in our popular scales offers a slimmer profile and is extremely resistant.
- COMPACT CARRY: Bring this knife with you on your daily adventures without sacrificing space. It makes a great gift for any occasion or stocking stuffer for Christmas.
The Victorinox Swiss Army Classic Keychain Multi-Tool shows that an oldie but a goodie can still get the job done. It covers the basics with a screwdriver, spring-action scissors, pocket knife, and bottle opener.
Of course, the product is well-made out of stainless steel and built to last for the long haul. Don’t let the small size of the knife fool you. This product is rugged and durable.
The design of the knife is attractive, too, with the silver alox finish. The manufacturer has a long-established reputation for quality, with a lifetime guarantee on its products.
Finding flaws with this knife seems like nitpicking. It’s spendy but worth every penny of the price as one of the best keychain tools on the market.Check Price
- Pocket knife
- Spring action scissor on board
- Built to last
- Sharp blades on all tools
- No tweezers or toothpick
The True Utility FIXR Keychain Multi-Tool is a wise investment if just for this product’s incredible functionality. You’ll find so many functions for it that you’ll be grateful you got it every time you put it to use.
For our money, it is one of the best keychain multi-tools you can buy.
The LEATHERMAN Micra Keychain Multi-Tool is the bee’s knees when it comes to a quality product with a thoughtful design. We appreciated the warranty that shows the manufacturer stands behind their products.
The Nite Ize KMT-11-R3 Keychain Multi-Tool checks off a lot of boxes in an affordable product that covers the necessary tasks. Its compact size adds to its value as one of the value-priced keychain multi-tools on the market.
The rest of our roundup is a clinic on the broad spectrum of designs and functionality you’ll find with these products. Many offer practical uses, while others add some novelties that you may or may not use.
Nevertheless, every tool is well-made and will make a welcome addition to your keychain.