What’s worse than a soldering tool that doesn’t have enough juice to finish the job? You’re left with a project that isn’t done, which is never satisfying.
The best butane soldering irons deliver enough heat and power. They have safety features that make your projects done without risk of burns or injuries. A trip to the emergency room is not on their list of options.
On the other hand, a soldering torch that doesn’t warm up quickly or give you enough running use can waste precious time on your projects.
So to help you separate the good from the bad – we’ve reviewed the Top 6 Best Butane Soldering Irons of 2021.
Buy with the confidence that you’re buying one of the best butane soldering irons on the market. Let’s jump straight into the reviews.
- Top 6 Best Butane Soldering Irons
- Buyer’s Guide
Top 6 Best Butane Soldering Irons
Weller P2KC Soldering Iron Kit – Best Overall
- A lightweight, compact cordless butane soldering and hot air tool, Piezo ignition with push-button ease & convenience
- Fast heat-up for high productivity, melts solder in less than 40 seconds, Gas capacity allows up to 1 hour of continuous use, ample for most jobs
- Refills in less than 20 seconds so you can stay on the job, Automatic cut-off switch when cap replaced for safety
The Weller P2KC Cordless Soldering Iron Set ticks off a lot of boxes for the best soldering iron.
The device is easy to use and heats up fast to get to work quickly. It is self-igniting, which we always appreciate in these products. It offers a respective 60 minutes of continuous use.
The iron comes with a carrying case and five tips to take on most projects.
Storage is easy-peasy with a heat-resistant, protective cap to protect your other tools. It also cools quickly, which is another welcome perk. Highly recommended.Check Price
- Push-button ignition
- Long soldering time
- Auto shut-off
- high temp range
- Efficient operation
- Hard to use if cold
- Hassle to file a warranty claim
Master Appliance Ultratorch Soldering Iron – Premium Choice
- Ultra Tip Technology: Oxygen-free, copper based soldering tips, with thick iron and chrome plating, drastically increase tip lifespan and conduct more heat to the end of the...
- Versatile pinpoint heat: Equivalent to a 20-80 watt electric iron, this heat tool can remove surface mount components, shrink tubing and specialty connectors, solder and...
- Cordless, lightweight & portable: Flameless and ready to use in 30 seconds with an adjustable temperature lever and approximate 2 hour runtime on a full tank (fuel sold...
The Master Appliance Ultratorch Butane Soldering Iron is a professional model for the serious DIYer. The product is well-made and uses Ultratip soldering tips.
That improves its lifespan and usefulness dramatically. It heats up in less than 30 seconds. It has an uber-high temperature rating at 2500 degrees Fahrenheit.
The butane iron has adjustable temperature control, which makes it safer to use.
This tool is the device you want for long projects with its 2-hour running time. The kit includes hot air and soldering tips, along with Ultratorch and shrink attachments.
There’s also a steel carrying case to keep everything together. It’s a smart investment to give you a complete set of high-quality tools.Check Price
- Heats up lightning fast
- Adjustable temperature
- 1-year warranty
- Overkill for some projects
Portasol Butane Soldering Iron – Great Value
- Features unique tip system in which tiplets are attached to a replaceable heater, thereby reducing the cost of spare tips
- Cordless original flint ignition fitted with 2.4mm chisel tiplet
- 50 watts equivalent (fixed temperature), 40 minutes continuous use
The Portasol Butane Soldering Iron is a budget-friendly soldering tool that gets small jobs done fast. It comes with a single tip. However, they are easy to replace.
You can use this product only for soldering. It is lightweight and portable. The manufacturer went the extra mile to ensure that it’s compatible with soldering.
The temperature control is respectable with no worries of the soldering iron overheating.
The ignition mechanism is reliable. It puts out 50 watts of fixed temperature power. While it ignites quickly, the iron only runs for 40 minutes at a stretch.
It’s an excellent choice if you only need a cordless soldering iron. It’s one of the best soldering irons for the money.Check Price
- Affordably priced
- Thorough soldering iron testing
- 1-year warranty
- Excellent heat output
- Hard to use for some jobs
- Shorter runtime
Dremel VersaTip Butane Torch
- Cordless butane soldering torch ideal for wood burning, pyrography, soldering, shrinking, cutting, heating, and other hobby & craft projects
- Integrated ignition trigger with safety lock for easy start up, no independent ignition tool required. Safety lock prevents accidental ignition
- Variable temperature control for precise control. Allows you to adjust the temperature and size of the flame. Operating temperatures of 1022° F - 2192° F
The Dremel VersaTip Butane Torch is part of a 14 piece kit that gives you the tools you need for a wide range of projects. The device is well-made.
The manufacturer designed the Versa Tip for safety with a flame lock with a self ignition. The accessories include a hot air tip, shaping hot knife, protective cap, and storage case.
The soldering iron torch has a variable temperature control range with a maximum temperature of 2192 degrees. It is also adjustable.
The iron is accurate for tip precision butane soldering, whether for hobbies or tasks where you need to do cutting or shrinking.
It’s affordably priced, considering all the extras you get with this cordless butane soldering iron.
We liked the fact that the manufacturer backs up this product with a 2-year warranty. Great value for a precision butane soldering torch kit.Check Price
- Respectable temperature range
- 2-year warranty
- Great lineup of safety features
- Long-lasting fuel supply
- Precision work
- Poorly made case
- Runs hot
POWER PROBE Butane Soldering Set
- Max Flame Temperature: 930 ° F
- Adjustable Flame Length: .5" - 1.25"
- Butane Fuel Type with electronic igniter
The POWER PROBE Butane Soldering Set includes the basic accessories for a variety of tasks.
You get a hot point and knife, supply of rosin solder, gas soldering tip, wrench set, and a heat shrink shield with a carrying case.
We liked the fact that there’s a place for everything with your Probe butane soldering kit. It is a 120 watt heat tool kit.
The butane powered torch is a versatile device with a maximum temperature of 2500 degrees.
The Probe butane soldering kit was one of the better products in our butane soldering iron reviews for projects requiring high temperatures.
It features electronic ignition to get to work quickly. The flame length is adjustable up to 1.25 inches. The operating time is excellent at 2 hours. Outstanding functionality.Check Price
- Precise flame adjustment
- Complete set
- Quick heating
- Burn risk
- Poorly made soldering tips
Iso-Tip Butane Soldering Iron
- Equivalent to a power range of 30-125 watts.
- Cordless, simple and safe operation anywhere. Full one-year warranty.
- Ready to use 15 seconds after ignition. Tank will hold enough fuel for 120 minutes of operation. Butane gas not included.
The Iso-Tip Butane Soldering Iron also functions as a butane gas torch to increase its usability. Thes soldering temperature runs from 480 to 1000 degrees.
The torch kicks it up to 2400 degrees. The product includes both a torch and soldering tip. There is also a cap to protect the sensitive components in between uses.
It is one of the better butane soldering irons on the market with a metal casing.
The butane soldering iron kit is a breeze to use. It heats up quickly with reliable performance. The different tips make it more of a soldering station.
It is well-made and built to last. The case certainly helps on that score, too. The tool heats up in only 15 seconds.
The manufacturer also backs it up with a 1-year warranty. High-quality product.Check Price
- Dual functionality
- Easy to refill
- No case
The Weller P2KC Soldering Iron Set took high honors as the best overall soldering iron. It has everything we like to see in these products, including an automatic cut off switch for safety.
For our money, it is the best butane soldering iron on the market.
The Master Appliance Ultratorch Butane Iron got our vote as the best premium soldering iron. It offers outstanding versatility with the purchase of one tool.
That fact alone lands it as a place as one of the best butane soldering irons.
You can’t go wrong with the budget-friendly Portasol Butane Soldering Iron. If you just need a precision soldering iron for small jobs, look no further than this tool.
While it doesn’t have the bells and whistles of costlier soldering irons, it gets the job done well.
The other butane irons on our list feature a variety of safety and convenience features, such as an auto off switch, piezo ignition, and adjustable levers for temp and flame height.
As you’ve seen, there are a wide variety of products, from a 125 watt heat tool to handheld devices.
There are several things to consider when buying these products. You first need to think about how you’ll use these tools.
Many models are multi-functional. However, they come at a price for the added versatility. Things to look out for include:
- Power supply
- Temp range
Most products are non-electric. That makes them more useful to use in various situations. We have to state the obvious, too. Electricity and an open flame aren’t the ideal companions.
You’ll see that the temps for soldering vary from those of a torch. Most manufacturers include this info in the specs to help your compare products.
Most of the time, you’re using these products in tight situations or on small objects. That makes portability a desirable feature.
If you need a reliable power source for various jobs, it helps if it can do several tasking, including heating or acting as a torch to make your purchase more cost-effective.